Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Abortion

"Almost half of U.S. pregnancies are unintended and more than one-fifth of all pregnancies end in abortion." (Page 157, Unsung Heroines by Ruth Sidel)


Here's a couple links to back up this horrendous statistic if you don't think this quote has enough credible padding:


http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/wrjp333pd.html

Maybe this isn't a shock to you, but it is for me. I get where people are coming from when they say they are contemplating an abortion. Having a baby will drastically change your life forever. But how could you?

This quote is from Ruth Sidel's Unsung Heroines:

"Then I met my daughter's father. I had sex with him and the third time I got pregnant. I went through the whole pregnancy myself. I made two appointments for an abortion but I couldn't get through with it. I should have done it. I love my daughter but I haven't accomplished anything." -23-year-old mother of one

 What did you think would happen?
 
 What did you think would happen?
What did you think would happen?
What did you think would happen?
What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?What did you think would happen?