Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beer Bread

Beer bread (1st loaf..)

Beer Bread by water your plants
Beer Bread a photo by water your plants on Flickr.


           This is my first attempt at making Beer Bread. The bread tasted delicious, however it did not turn out as beer-y as I wanted it to. I planned to make my first loaf before I made my 'real' loaves for which I'm planning on taking to a Fat Tuesday party with some friends. So tonight, or this morning, I decided to replace the water asked for in the recipe with more beer. I figured, no water and more beer must result in a very beer-y tasting bread. So tonight while I sleep and tomorrow when I go to class, my bread will be working it's buns off (heehee) to get ready to be baked in the oven. Hopefully there will be lots of air bubbles by the time I get home from class. I'm scared that the bread will be too dense because while I waited the 45 minutes for the yeast to do it's thing before mixing the rest of the flour, the mixture didn't have hardly as many bubbles forming as my first loaf did when I used water.

            I guess that's just my luck thinking that replacing water with more beer would be a terrific idea. However, there's no need to be worrying about the turn out of my beer bread being too dense when tomorrow hasn't even happened yet!

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. -Mark Twain