Thursday, March 31, 2011

Homemade yogurt and carrot soup
















It was a success! My yogurt was the best! I think next time I make it, I'll give it a little more sitting time to make it a bit more solid but it tastes like perfect original non-fat yogurt. I'm so pleased! I bet if I use whole milk next time, it will be to-die-for.

To start another batch all that is needed is 2 tbs left over from your last batch and the milk you will be using. Why ever store-bought was instilled into my ideas of yogurt I'll never know. It's hardly any work at all!

Oh and one more thing. If you try this out, there will be liquid at the top. DON'T THROW IT AWAY! IT'S BUTTERMILK PEOPLE! My idea was to make only the best pancakes ever known to man kind, buttermilk pancakes!

After I'm a total pro at making homemade yogurt, I'll try the flavored yogurts, first with vanilla and then on to bigger and better things. However, if I never get around to it, that'll be fine too because this original plain yogurt is just the bees knees!