Saturday, April 23, 2011

brown sugar.

In the middle of making cookies and I had no brown sugar.Chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cookies for the Chocolate Extravaganza  by water your plants

"Meredith?! Oh no! You had no brown sugar?! Did you have to go all the way to the grocery store to get it??! Don't tell me you made brown sugar?! I thought you have to get that at the grocery store?! Wow Meredith! How did you do that!?"


No my friend! You do not have to make a trip to the store for brown sugar!! Just add 2 tablespoons of molasses to a cup of white sugar and there you have it! Sha-BAM, a cup of homemade brown sugar!


Now the question is, if it's so easy to HOME-MAKE brown sugar who in the whole wide world would decide to sell pre-made brown sugar in a box? Makes no sense to me.


(cookie dough in the photo on the left is where I used my home-made brown sugar -just your ordinary chocolate chip cookies, the dough on the right is chocolate-cookie cookie dough which didn't require any brown sugar, just a ton of unsweetened chocolate!)

Peace and Love!