Sunday, May 29, 2011

Honey Lavendar Soap

Honey Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender Soap
Honey Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender SoapHoney Lavender Soap
honey lavender soap, a set on Flickr.
(from the quickie soap making base)
someday I'll grow some balls and make lye soap..

However, the cool thing about this soap is that the honey and bees wax I put in was from my handsome friend Matt's bee hive. Also, the lavender was free from a lady on craigslist.

So end sum spent on this project: 0$

My friend Matt is an avid craigslister and found a sweet deal. A ton of supplies for soap/candle/shampoo/lotion-making for FREE! He drove 2 hours to get the stuff. Thank You Matt. So today we/I decided to make soap. I decided on honey lavender soap. The base was already made so all I really had to do was melt down the base and add the bees wax, honey, and dried lavender flowers to the mixture then pour into the soap molds. I think I already knew that it was going to be tough to get the hardened soap out of the molds, but it definitely took some heaving and hoeing to get the soap out of the plastic molds. I think a flimsy gelly mold would be ideal for soap making, that's my personal opinion. When I get the hang of soap making and some extra cash, maybe I'll invest in lye-soap making materials. I'd like to make soap from total scratch, not just half way scratch. But in the mean time, I'm totally happy with this quickie soap making. I'm having fun.